Wirrabirra Primary School (5520)

Local Intake Area

The local intake area for this school is displayed on the map below:

Shaded areas indicate optional local-intake areas - please refer to the map description for further details.

LIA Map - Please read this map in conjunction with any other map/s displayed to determine a Local Intake Area (LIA).
Local Intake map :
LIA map

All questions regarding the School Local Intake Area are to be directed to the school - see Contact Details

WIRRABIRRA PRIMARY SCHOOL (5520) (Government Gazette December 1969)

The following defines the local-intake area of this school:

Southern River Road from the junction with Southern River and north east to its junction with Crandon Street, north west along Crandon Street to King Street, north east along King Street to Fremantle Road, east along Fremantle Road to Hicks Street, north west along Hicks Street to the junction with Homestead Road, thence a line drawn east to the Railway line, north west along the railway line to where it crosses the Canning River, thence in a westerly direction along the Canning River to its junction with the Southern River, south west along the Southern River to its junction with Fremantle Road, north west along Fremantle Road to Warton Road, and thence south west along Warton Road.

Children living in the boundary streets (both sides) of Southern River Road, Crandon Street, King Street, Warton Road and Fremantle Road (western end) shall attend the West Gosnells School. Children living in the boundary parts (both sides) of Hicks Street and Fremantle Road (eastern part) shall attend the Gosnells School. Children attending public schools in Years 1 - 5 inclusive in 1970 and living within the boundaries of the West Gosnells Primary School, as provided above, shall attend the West Gosnells Primary School.

The local-intake area maps are based on a written description of the local-intake area (LIA) for the school as published in the WA Government Gazette.  Although the map closely represents the LIA description, for some houses near the boundary (especially on street corners), it may be necessary to refer to the written description.  The street address of a residence is used to determine whether that dwelling is inside a particular LIA.  While local-intake areas for most schools do not change from year to year, changes may be made to local-intake areas as required.  Such changes are published in the WA Government Gazette and subsequently the local-intake area map will be updated.