At West Balcatta Primary School we are committed to making a real difference to all of the children in our care. Supported by a dedicated community, our school provides a warm, caring and challenging environment in which each is treated as an individual and supported to fulfil their unique potential. We emphasise the explicit teaching of knowledge and skills and our expectations of student progress are high. However, while academic achievement is a priority, we endeavour to develop the 'whole child' by ensuring our curriculum is broad, balanced and actively embraces the cultural diversity of our school community. We provide opportunities for cultural and sporting success and promote good citizenship through our values program.
The following attributes embody education at West Balcatta Primary School:
* High Quality Teaching - explicit teaching of skills and knowledge, with an emphasis on literacy and numeracy, delivered within a contemporary context. Cooperative learning strategies and reflective practices are incorporated into our teaching programs.
* Pastoral care - positive relationships between students and staff are established through a strong values program where qualities of self-acceptance, perseverance, respect and responsibility are addressed. Health and wellbeing is prioritised through our proactive approach to social and emotional learning.
* High Academic Standards - explicit teaching at the point of need combined with the high expectations of teaching staff result in the full achievement of potential by our students.
* Excellent Facilities - established and spacious school grounds, where trees provide natural shade and students have ample space to explore. Our nature playgrounds allow a seamless movement between indoor and outdoor learning, with opportunities learn through play and get messy. Purpose built teaching blocks include a refurbished library, a dedicated ICT room, a specialist Art and Music Room and a fully enclosed Undercover Area.
* Community Relationships - active support from an enthusiastic and dedicated P&C, our School Board and the local community enables us to provide a well-rounded education.
We welcome you to view our school community via our website.