CARE - Cooperation, Achievement, Responsibility, Endeavour is our motto.
We aim to provide an educational program, which:
* provides a range of physical, social, intellectual and cultural experiences
* gives each student the opportunity to acquire the necessary skills of numeracy and literacy
* regularly reports to parents on student academic and social progress
* facilitates parental involvement
* promotes healthy competition and co-operation
* facilitates self-discipline, confidence, resilience and self-esteem
* is sensitive and responsive to the needs of the individual
* encourages students to develop a sense of civic responsibility and involvement in the community
* supports staff in delivering an educational program which reflects best practice.
At Newton Primary School we are strongly recognised for our commitment to students and the school community. We provide ongoing outstanding educational opportunities to students using high quality teaching and learning programs, catering to the individual needs of students from Kindergarten to Year 6. These programs encourage creative thinking, independence and strong problem solving skills. Our students are encouraged to become lifelong learners and to be active participants in our community. Many past students remain connected to the school, returning to visit staff and share their successes.
Newton Primary School offers specialist programs in Italian (Year 3 to 6 students), Music, Physical Education and Science. Selected Year 5 and 6 students have tuition in flute, drum, brass and guitar. The students are able to engage in many experiences such as choir, sporting events, reward and activity days, discos and assemblies.
We are an Independent Public School enhanced through a supportive parent body and community. This incorporates an enthusiastic School Board and a very productive Parents and Citizens Association, including an operational canteen.
Newton Primary School is committed to the continuous improvement of our standards and performance. Through ongoing analysis of a substantial amount of data, the School Board and staff have identified four focus areas: Curriculum, Community, Students and Staff. The Business Plan, which is developed through collaboration with staff and the School Board, outlines the direction of the school.
Located in the picturesque suburb of Spearwood, our school is built on a strong sense of community spirit, created by the involvement of staff, parents and the general community in the education and development of our children.
Built on the site of a limestone quarry, Newton Primary School opened in 1981. The inviting surroundings and welcoming staff reflect our care for students and families. Student numbers are increasing.
For more information, please visit our website, or contact us at:
T: 08 6595 9100