Dandaragan Primary School (5135)
Dandaragan Primary School caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Situated in a small rural town 170 km north of Perth in the Midwest Education Region, most of our students live on surrounding farms.
Our school is trusted in the community, providing high quality teaching that supports all children to reach their potential. We encourage all children to develop a love of learning and enthusiasm for new experiences and challenges. We are shaping the children of tomorrow on a local, global and digital level. We encourage all children to work hard and to value everything they do.
Children at our school:
* are engaged in varied, meaningful activities that cater for a range of learning styles
* are in a safe, encouraging environment where they are supported by staff and their peers
* are motivated, challenged and take responsibility for their own learning
* have differences acknowledged, respected and accommodated
* have clear expectations of the lesson outcomes
* are given frequent, positive and meaningful feedback
* are encouraged to be curious
* are healthy both physically and emotionally.
Our dedicated teachers are there to make sure your children learn, but also to nurture them to achieve their best and flourish. All our staff are committed and dedicated to providing an extensive and educationally rich learning program.
Our school priorities are to:
* maximise achievement in literacy and numeracy
* develop your child's skills in teamwork, problem solving, creativity, independent thinking, critical analysis, initiative and communication
* encourage interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
* create opportunities for children to demonstrate leadership and care in school and the wider community.
Our Positive Behaviour Support Strategy centres on our core values. We encourage respect for others, ourselves, and our environment; responsibility and accountability towards ourselves, others, the environment and the community; trustworthiness; and safety for the wellbeing and protection of self and others. Children are rewarded for following this behaviour.
Our whole school approaches in both literacy and numeracy support your child's development of these skills to become lifelong learners. Our technology and enterprise area allows children access to tools, storage and space to expand the scope of their work in this area.
Our school is situated on spacious, well presented grounds. These feature very attractive lawns and gardens, complimented with recreational areas such as an oval, adventure and nature playgrounds, undercover assembly area and a basketball court.
Find out more at:
T: 9651 4017