At Greenwood College we aim to provide a safe and caring learning environment facilitating the growth and development of the whole person. Our ethos of Learn - Grow - Change captures the essence of our College in supporting students in both academic and non-academic pathways to reach their full potential.
As an Independent Public School catering for students from Year 7 - 12 we are committed to
- promoting equity, excellence and relevance in the education of every student;
- encouraging mutual respect, trust and recognition of individual worth;
- developing students' self-esteem and a rational and confident belief in their own potential;
- encouraging the concept of all people working together cooperatively for the good of society and self, without discrimination;
- continuing to improve communication within the College and the community it serves;
- providing students with a caring and courteous learning environment; and
- continuing to foster the notion of participative decision-making throughout the College community.
Our College fosters and promotes diversity and respect by meeting the needs of our students who represent a broad range of interests, cultures and abilities. In recognising these individual differences we provide a variety of academic, sporting, cultural and artistic opportunities. Our curriculum includes programs in Music (including two concert bands, rock bands and several choral groups) French and Dance. We also provide specialist programs in Aviation and Volleyball.
We have a strong focus on pastoral care to support the social and emotional development and resilience of our students. We have a highly effective pastoral care team inclusive of a Student Services Manager, School Nurse, Chaplain and School Psychologist. We implement successful behaviour management and peer support programs and adhere to our anti-bullying policy.
Our Intensive English Centre caters for the needs of students who have recently arrived in Western Australia from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. At any one time up to 40 different nationalities and languages are represented within the centre. Small classes, expert staff and culturally sensitive pastoral care are features of our centre.
Our staff are committed to maintaining high standards and innovative teaching and learning practices. Our Executive Team comprise of a Principal and three Deputy Principals. Our teaching and support staff are experienced and dedicated with a number of teachers having been part of our College community for several years.
Our facilities include general and specialised classrooms, music and computing laboratories, library, upper school student common room, career reference centre, gymnasium, swimming pool, ovals, tennis and basketball courts and a purpose built dance facility.
Our school is well supported by the community with an active P&C body contributing to the success of our College.
We welcome your enrolment enquiry and encourage you to discover more about our school by viewing our website at greenwood.wa.edu.au.