Balga SHS (Year 7-12) is a unique program based school, specialising in literacy, numeracy, vocational training and lifelong learning for students, including those at educational risk.
Situated 20kms north of Perth with 560 students from over 40 nationalities, it has experienced, trained staff emphasising Pastoral Care.
Balga Senior High School offers a, vibrant and dynamic learning experience for students. Celebrating fifty years of excellence in education in 2020, Balga SHS continues to build opportunity for personal development and academic achievement toward university entry, further education, traineeships, apprenticeships and workplace training. Investment in improved facilities, information technology and resources, together with quality teaching, have fostered a culture of encouragement, aspiration, achievement and success.
As an Independent Public School, Balga Senior High School is committed to developing excellent learning experiences through quality staff, resources, facilities and diverse education and training programs. Students at Balga Senior High School experience quality teaching and learning programs that focus on developing the whole student in readiness for life beyond school. Pathways available to students include a university direct entry course, as well as pathways to further study and employment.
Features of Balga Senior High School include:
- Specialist classrooms for Home Economics, Science, STEAM, Music, Art, Design and Technology, Media, Drama, Languages (Intensive English Centre) and Information Technology.
- Five computer laboratories.
- Dance Studio, Performing Arts Centre, indoor gymnasium and extensive sports grounds.
- Library Resource Centre.
- Intensive English Centre
- Enrichment programs providing extra support in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Police Ranger Cadets Program.
- School Based Traineeships & Workplace Learning Programs.
- Young Parents, School access support program, on-site child care
- Easy access to public transport.
- Extensive established landscaped grounds.
Detailed information regarding all programs can be located at our website.
Special programs: Soccer, Police Rangers, ESL Transition and Workplace Learning with studies in Drama, Arts, Dance, Home Economics, trade skills and Outdoor Education.